It would be understandable to think that I had calmed down, and accepted the death of a previous incarnation of Lone Wolf.
Preach it, Jennifer.
Anyway, revisiting character creation, I note that Divination was (pretty much) useless for the entirety of the adventure. I therefore decide to instead take on the Discipline of Huntmastery, which gets me the Lore-Circle of Fire (Huntmastery and Pathmanship) with the consequent bonus to my scores (+1 CS and +2 E).
As I restart (sigh) the book, I’m going to resort to bullet-points, as I intend to (substantially) follow the same path.
- I enter Casiorn, pay the toll, enter the bar and pay for my room and board.
- I once more shoot Roark, and listen to Cyrilus’ story while adding him to my travelling party.
- I stop a the archery tournament, enter, make it through the preliminary rounds and once more contest the final against Altan!
- I manage to triumph, with 5 Endurance (Target) points left!
- Silver Bow of Duadon – GET IN MY ARSENAL!
- I completely rip Altan off in giving him trinkets to ‘buy’ his horse, and chase after Cyrilus’ abductors.
- I once more use Pathmanship to smoke out the riders from their village-based hiding place, take out the last rider with an arrow and rescue Cyrilus.
- I run into the ineffectual Roark, and take out his zombies without breaking a sweat. Cyrilus, like so many Lone Wolf companions, goes to that great sidekick meeting place in the sky.
- I stop at the Halfway Inn and replenish my gold from guessing the conjurer’s riddle.
- I pay for a room, my horse’s stable and a meal.
- I buy Alether berries from the roadside temple.
- I make it to Varetta, stop at the bar and take out the attempted robbers in the crowd.
- I meet the mercenary captain and his men, and get directions from the innkeeper.
- The next morning I nip across to Brass Street, enter the Observatory and get my directions from Gwynian.
- I ride my (DOOOOMED) horse through Soren, once more avoiding Amory.
- This time I don’t donate gold to the robber-baron statue, and neglect attempting to rescue the decoy deployed by the bandits.
- I buy a ticket to Eula, though I don’t think that I’ll get to use it to the intended destination.
- The captain and I repel the river pirates / boarders with nary a scratch.
- While the captain buys potions, I replenish my arrows and buy a map of Tekaro.
- We reach Tekaro, and I respectfully decline to take part in the suicide mission.
For a certain commenter :
- I duck around to the proverbial rear entrance, and again make my way through the sewers, thanking my lucky stars for my handy map, which enables me to avoid various nasty ‘insta-kills’ lurking for other adventurers.
- I win my ‘battle’ with the door leading to the cathedral and prepare to face the Dakomyd!
- Let’s dance.
In a couple of blows, I reduce this monstrosity to half its Endurance. Before its body can reform I resist my natural impulse to strike again, and rather open the vault. Grabbing the Lorestone, it imbues me with ‘newfound wisdom and strength. More importantly for our present purposes, it paralyzes the Dakomyd, and I despatch it with one blow.
I can now turn to the fabled 350, as the Lorestone’s energy is transferred to me. There isn’t much of a sequel hook, with the book simply confirming that the next challenge will be…
Aside : I assume with a name like that, it isn’t a popular tourist rest stop.
Next – A summary and review of Book 6!
Base Stats : CS : 18, E : 22, GC 20
Final Stats : CS : 33, E : 27
Weapons : Silver Bow of Duadon (+3), Sommerswerd (+8 CS)
Backpack : Potion of Laumspur (+4E), Rope, Meal, Alether Berries (3) (+2 CS), Map of Tekaro
Special Items : Jewelled Mace, Brass Whistle, Copper Key, Map, Crystal Star, Shield (+2 CS), Sommerswerd, Padded Waistcoat (+2 E), Chainmail Waistcoat (+4 E) Blue Stone Triangle Pendant, Diamond, Ornate Silver Key, Dagger of Vashna, Quiver (6 arrows), Boat Ticket
Magnakai Rank : Kai Master Superior
Magnakai Disciplines : Weaponmastery (+3 CS in Sword, Bow, Mace), Pathmanship, Huntmastery
Lore-Circles : Fire (+1 CS, +2 E)
Kai Disciplines : Camouflage, Animal Kinship, Tracking, Hunting, Sixth Sense, Healing, Mind Over Matter, Mindblast (+2CS), Mindshield, Weaponskill (+2 CS in Short Sword)
Paragraph : 350