In a move that will delight many, I’m returning to the start of Lone Wolf’s journey through the Shadow Gate and into the Daziarn.
Aside : It is wicked of me to point this out, but I was amused no end by one of my faithful commenters pointing out an error in my previously post by emphasising the importance of ‘grammEr’.
That would be grammAr, for the nitpicking win!
Back to the Prisoners of Time.
You knew I was going to use bullet points, didn’t you?
Yep – it really was going to be bullet points, all along.
- I lose 3 Endurance points on my journey through the Shadow Gate.
- Just for the sake of variety, I choose to shelter in the gully, rather than behind the volcanic rocks.
(Temporarily) cease bullet points!
There is some melodramatic description of the impact of the wind as I valiantly try to….crawl into the gully.
Confronted by a miniature whirlwind (!) I shove my tunic over my face and crawl towards an opening, in the desperate hope that it constitutes the entrance to a cave…
Turning to a new paragraph, I am relieved to confirm that it does, in fact, comprise the start of a volcanic fissure, although I am startled at the entrance by an enormous skeleton which must have once been a ‘formidable creature’.
Using my Lantern, I progress further into the fissure.
The dust and debris is suddenly sucked out of this clearing by the whirlwind above but, when the noise subsides, I can see that I’m not alone….
Yeah, I don’t think Lone Wolf is getting the benefit of that sort of distraction….
A long, scaly, lizard-like creature is in fact the source of my discomfiture, and my lack of Animal Control makes the situation even more precarious.
Luckily I do, in fact, have a MEGABOW!
I need to get a 9 or higher on my R10 check, and my +8 total bonus gives me a good feeling….
Aside : Tempting fate.
No worries though, as my (natural) R10 of 9, guarantees success!
The arrow splits open the enemy’s eye like a ‘burst egg’.
For some reason, Lone Wolf is thankful that his arrow has killed the enemy in an instant, and spared it the ‘agony’ of a ‘terrible wound’.
The beast (which I all of a sudden know to be a Khozinda (!!)) falls to the ground. I make a cursory examination of the corpse before eating a Meal and collapsing, exhausted, to the ground.
After waking, I confront the same riders as I did on my first attempt, and once more use my skills of Pathmanship to avoid trouble.
Bullet points resume!
- They once more agree to take me to the Beholder.
- I ride with them to Yanis, take advantage of their hospitality, and snaffle enough extra food for 1 extra Meal.
- I meet the Beholder, and listen to him / it go on….and on…and on…and on… for about 15 paragraphs….
- I literally do not have to make another meaningful choice until I meet Serocca again, whereupon she (through rest etc.) restores my Endurance to its initial level.
- I travel with T’uk T’ron and reach the bridge, which I again note the potential ambush.
- I help TT, and have to fight a Striped Agtah (CS : 24, E : 35).
- I defeat the Agtah, for the loss of 4 Endurance.
- I then lose a further 3 Endurance before fighting the Agtah-Hound (CS : 20, E : 25).
- I defeat the Hound for the loss of a further 6 Endurance (total loss = 10)
- After victory, I leave TT and his companions behind to be eaten, before reaching the three scouts sent to find me.
- Contrary to last time, I use my Divination skills to alert the scouts to my presence, and don’t risk SOME IDIOT shooting at the very person they were sent to find.
- I meet Lorkon Ironheart, and replenish my gear by refilling my quiver.
- I take on board my new (DOOOOMED) sidekick and make it to the Grand Sepulchre.
- I get inside, make it to the top (knowing the correct code to the relevant door) and spot the Scarlet Warrior trying to snaffle the Lorestones.
- I shoot him in the throat, and we fight! (Scarlet Warrior – CS : 25, E : 30)
- I actually kill him (it?) in one blow, but his body is still carried away by the black-winged mount, although one Lorestone falls to the ground.
- It is around this point that I channel Kim Kardashian.
- Without the sex tape.
- I think.
- [Lone Wolf frantically thinks back to the hotel room in Ragadorn, and whether he and Viveka did anything untoward).
- I get leaped upon my two ‘Agtah Scouts’ (CS : 26, E : 21)
- I defeat them, for the loss of 6 Endurance.
- It doesn’t matter too much, because I snaffle the Lorestone and regain my full Endurance level.
- Given the choice between the Grand Sepulchre and Baylon’s Tomb, I elect to take a different path, and go for Baylon’s Tomb, evading the Chaos-Creature guardians.
- Just to make things interesting, I need to solve another logic based problem to gain entry!
And here are the four choices for the door :
And I’m going to crowd-source this one, because I’m really, really struggling to see how one of the four options logically follows from the others.
Comments – do your work to save Lone Wolf!
Oh yeah – one more thing –
Base Stats : CS : 22, E : 28, GC 10
Current Stats : CS : 38/38, E : 34/34
Weapons : Sword, Dagger
Weapon-Like Special Items : Silver Bow of Duadon (+3), Sommerswerd (+8 CS)
Backpack : Vial of Gold Dust, Rope, Lantern, Potion of Alether (+2 CS), Potion of Laumspur (2), Meal
Special Items : 1. Sommerswerd (+8 CS) 2. Platinum Amulet, 3. Obsidian Seal 4. Shield (+2 CS), 5. Padded Waistcoat (+2 E), 6. Chainmail Waistcoat (+4 E) 7. Blue Stone Triangle Pendant, 8. Psychic Ring 9. Quiver (6 arrows), 10. Fireseeds (6), 11. Silver Rod 12. Silver Bow of Duadon.
Extra Special Item : Signet Ring
Kai Monastery storage :
- Backpack Items : Sack of Silver (3)
- Special Items : Mao of Tekaro, Diamonds (2), Boat Ticket, Power Key, Copper Key, Ornate Silver Key, Jewelled Mace, Dagger of Vashna, Brass Whistle. Quiver (4 arrows), Pass, Vial of Clear Liquid, Crystal Star Pendant, Receipt, Invitation
Magnakai Rank : Scion-Kai
Magnakai Disciplines : Weaponmastery (+4 CS in Sword, Bow, Mace, Dagger, Spear, Quarterstaff, Broadsword, Warhammer), Pathmanship, Huntmastery, Divination, Invisibility, Nexus, Psi-Screen, Psi-Surge
Lore-Circles : Fire (+1 CS, +2 E), Solaris (+1 CS, +3 E), Spirit (+3 CS, +3 E)
Kai Disciplines : Camouflage, Animal Kinship, Tracking, Hunting, Sixth Sense, Healing, Mind Over Matter, Mindblast (+2CS), Mindshield, Weaponskill (+2 CS in Short Sword)
Current paragraph : 315